Cannabis Ice Cream! We couldn’t think of a better combo. I mean, sure, most things are better with a sprinkling of cannabis.
This being said, ice cream… DAMN! Here’s what you need to make it!
- 2 to 2.5g of cannabis;
- tablespoons butter;
- 500ml of cream;
- pinch of salt;
- and 75g of sugar.
If you’re keen to spice it up, you can throw in anything, really. You can add some mint, chocolate, coconut, marmite… It’s up to you, you crazy kid.
Also, it’s important to remember the decarboxylation process. We discuss it in our Cannabutter recipe.
But let’s get making!
Making Cannabis Ice Cream!
- In a large bowl/casserole dish (a litre for this recipe), heat the 500ml of cream over medium heat. Don’t burn the cream – because it’s stinky (the writer hasn’t ever burnt cream so he’s just guessing)…
Stir slowly with a spoon. Add in the butter, salt, and sugar, while constantly stirring.
- Now that all the ingredients have been melted and mixed, add your ground up cannabis.
Once again, use one of our grinders, because they are the best.
- Remember the part where we said that you can add ANYTHING TO THIS CANNABIS ICE CREAM! Well, do it now! Once you’ve mixed, blended, or chopped up the addition, whisk everything together until it is creamy.
- Once creamy, turn off the heat and pour the mixture into the ice cream maker you just happen to have borrowed. Allow it to churn until it’s done.
- The writer’s wife says, “you can get around the pesky ice cream maker that none of your friends own. All you have to do is whisk your cream until it’s stiff, then mix in salt, sugar, cannabutter and any other additions, being careful not to lose too much air in the whisked cream. This can be poured into an old ice cream tub and frozen. It’s not the same but it does the trick. The writer is diabetic so what does he know about ice cream?”
- And now it’s ready to be ENJOYED!
As with anything cannabis-related, take it in small dosage steps. Otherwise, you can get too high. If that does happen – read this blog about sobering up from being too high.
But generally, it should be just awesome!
Words by: Andrew Macfarlane, writer, gardener, and now knows how to make ice cream.
z00tly: “Gosh, when is there going to be a mouse recipe with cannabis infused…”